- Thane district of Maharashtra is the most populated district of India.
- Dibang Valley of Arunachal Pradesh is the least populated.
- Kurung Kumey of Arunachal Pradesh registered highest population growthrate of 111.01 percent.
- Longleng district of Nagaland registered negative population growth rate of (-)58.39.
- Mahe district of Puducherry has highest sex ratio of 1176 females per 1000 males.
- Daman district has lowest sex ratio of 533 females per 1000 males.
- Serchhip district of Mizoram has highest literacy rate of 98.76 percent.
- Alirajpur of MP is the least literate district of India with figure of 37.22 percent only.
- North East Delhi has the higest density with figure of 37346 person per square kilometer.
- Dibang Valley has the least density of 1 person per sq. km.
Facts related to States.
Facts related to Districts.
Facts related to Urban Regions.
Facts related to Cities.